Saturday, July 4, 2009
Happy 4th of July!
We had a super fun 4th of July weekend. We started off on Friday by going to our friend's house for a pool party. Thanks Cathy and Anna! Colin loved playing in the baby pool and the bounce house with his friends, while Eli slept most of the time. That evening we went to the Maumee Community Picnic and Fireworks Show. We ate hotdogs, played games, and Colin got to see a fire engine up close and personal. I really wanted Colin to get his face painted, but he was not so into that... Afterward, we went to Mr. Freeze to play at the park and get some ice cream. Then it was off to bed for the boys and Chris and I watched fireworks from our roof. On Saturday (the 4th), Colin helped me make a flag cake. I was really concerned I was going to run out of ingredients because he seemed to eat them faster than I could get them on the cake. Oh, and then I made the mistake of leaving him at the kitchen table with the spatula and the cake while I cut more berries. Yes, he dug right in as soon as my back was turned. But in the end, it turned out OK and even if it didn't look so hot, at least it tasted good. :) On Sunday, Colin helped Chris wash my car and later helped me make strawberry jam. Again, there was more eating than helping, but I still thought he was cute. Happy 4th!













Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a great weekend. Love the pictures!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Sounds like a busy, fun holiday weekend!
ReplyDelete