Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Jungle Garden

I don't know if it's the super hot days, the torrential rain we had a couple weeks ago, or my awesome compost (wink!), but my garden is out of control. I seriously don't have enough space for all my plants and will definitely have to expand next year. I already had to pot all my herbs and cucmbers this year. Thankfully I have a backyard neighbor who also enjoys gardening and has given me the go-ahead to plant some of my spreaders like pumpkins and watermelons down by the fence we share. I do realize that my biggest problem is that dang raspberry plant that is officially taller than me and has taken up more than half my garden space. That and my gi-normous watermelon plants that look like aliens. One of them is the beast you may have noticed in the left-hand corner in the picture below. As for the raspberry plant, I just can't bring myself to pull out all the baby-suckers. I've tried transplanting them to give to neighbors and friends, but they keep dying. I think they want to live in my garden. I can't blame them, they get a lot of attetion from Colin and some seriously yummy compost.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me... I need to read that book. HA! Awesome garden Farmer Ring ;-)

    ReplyDelete