All I have to say is I'm glad I'm not planning on being pregnant during anymore last days of school for my kids. Last week was Colin's last day of school and normally that sort of thing would not get to me. I'm not really a crier and on top of that I don't like to cry so even if I feel the urge, I always fight it. Some of my friends asked if I was feeling emotional and I was like "No way! I just need to figure out what we're going to do this summer." Then arrives the actual day. I arrived at the school feeling excited because Colin said he was actually going to sing during this program. We got there early so we could watch the video of pictures the teachers had taken during the year. Both sets of grandparents were there. It felt like a party. Then the video started and what got me was not the pictures but the sweet music their teacher set it to. I felt the tug at my heart and I started hearing sniffles coming from all around me. I decided to take a moment to shush Eli thinking that might distract me, but I kept tuning back to the video and then I felt it - the welling. Oh no! I wore mascara, there would be no tears shed! Thankfully, I was able to talk myself down convincing myself that I didn't want my make-up to run because that's just not a cute look on me. Now, you might be saying to yourself, what does this have to do with hormones? A lot of moms might cry when their first-born child finishes their first year of school. Not me. It's just not my bag. And let me tell you how I know it was not a normal reaction. That afternoon, my next door neighbor's daughter was dressed in her cap and gown and taking high school graduation photos with her family in front of their house. I took one look at their family and the tears started falling. Not even a warning this time. I had to pretend to the kids it was my allergies. I don't even know my neighbors that well. Dang hormones.
Back to Colin's program - it was absolutely adorable! Colin didn't sing like he said he would but he danced his tushy off and had a big smile on his face the whole time. The kids all got a photo album filled with pictures of them with their classmates and teachers from the year. So sweet! It was a really fun morning and afterward the class had a pizza party and then we headed to Mr. Freeze to celebrate. Congrats to my Colin for finishing his first year of school with a bang!
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment