Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Camp

I decided to sign Colin up for a short summer camp this year (just 2 mornings for 1 week). I wasn't sure how it would go. He was really excited about going but I wasn't sure how he would react to a me not being there, a new teacher, kids he doesn't know, etc. I signed him up with a friend hoping that the two could stick together if things felt uncomfortable for him. It was an incredible success! So much that I've signed him up for a second week. He adores his teacher and really enjoyed doing something different from our regular routine. Dare I say he might be a little bored being out of school? His first week the theme was "down on the farm". They got a chance to churn butter, do farm crafts, make salads out of fresh produce, bring home plants for our garden, sing songs, and on top of that they learned a little Spanish and French. Next week the theme is "under the sea". I'm so glad he's having such a good time and I love that his self-confidence and independence are continuing to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment