Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Belated Halloween

Last week we enjoyed Halloween just like everybody else and we have a disgustingly large stash of candy to prove it. I'm just a little behind on, well, just about everything right now due to our newest little man.

We carved pumpkins the day before. I wasn't sure where we'd find the time to get all 5 carved since none of the children can really help, but I should have known that Chris would come up with a solution. Because that's how he rolls -


I wasn't sure that our pumpkins would stay intact, but his technique worked remarkably well! And, of course, the boys got a kick out of watching daddy use power tools. They thought it was much more fun than sticking their hands into the icky pumpkin goop.


Mama & Daddy's pumpkins

The kids' pumpkins

The morning of Halloween, Colin had school and they had a dress-up party and a costume parade. Colin got to be the line-leader again this year for the costume parade. I was so proud of him because this year he actually sang along to the songs in addition to doing the hand-motions.


That night my little Obi Wan Kenobi and Diego had a great time trick-or-treating and stayed out for almost 2 hours. Logan stayed home with Grammy and I and looked cute in his Halloween outfit.


The boys had so much fun trick-or-treating they're still talking about it and playing "Halloween" a week later. I think next year I might have to leave a bowl on the porch and head out with my boys so I can witness the fun first-hand.

1 comment:

  1. Todd almost bought that pumpkin gutting drill bit. How'd it work? I'm the one that does the gutting at our house. What a bunch of sissy boys!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete