Saturday, April 11, 2009

Coloring Easter Eggs

This was our first year coloring Easter eggs with Colin and I really wasn't sure what to expect. I think I was hoping that he would be really excited to play with the dye and make a huge mess and giggle the whole time. Not really the case. After forcing him to wear one of Chris' old t-shirts as a smock, he was a little mad at us and refused to participate until Chris and I had already colored about half the eggs. His curiosity finally got the best of him, but even then, he was more interested in eating the eggs than in actually coloring them (which is interesting because he doesn't really like eggs). He didn't make too much of a mess, most of the dye ended up on his fingers because he wanted to eat it - good thing it's non-toxic! After they all dried, he enjoyed putting stickers on the eggs. Overall, I'd say the experience was a success. Our eggs are a little sad-looking, but I think it's the start of a tradition.

The smock.


Looking thrilled.


Cheese!


Hmmm, maybe this could be fun...







Yay stickers!


The finished product.




No comments:

Post a Comment