Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We didn't have big plans for today because we weren't sure if Eli would have decided to join us yet, but just in case, I asked the Easter Bunny to swing by and drop off a few treats for Colin. As soon as he came downstairs he ran into the family room and excitedly ripped into his basket, instantly knowing it was filled with treats (I still don't understand how a kid who is rarely given candy or desserts can always recognize sugary confections for what they are). He was a little unsure at first about searching for eggs, but once he realized that there were treats inside that he could eat right away, he had a blast. He ran around the family room and as soon as he found an egg would rip it open and inhale the fruit snacks. I realized a little too late that maybe one fruit snack per egg would have been enough, but hey, what's a holiday without kids on a sugar-high? The rest of our day was very low-key, but Colin did get another treat after dinner. His first Peep! Yum. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment