Colin got to go trick-or-treating at 10 stations set up around the zoo, there was a magician, several bounce houses, and lots of fun characters to see. Colin was still unsure this year about trick-or-treating, but did OK if I was right there with him, holding his hand. I'm hoping he'll get some of his jitters out at some of the up-coming events we're going to so he's not as tentative on Halloween night. Eli slept almost the entire time we were there. Luckily we got a few family shots before he dozed off. I'm sure next year he'll be running around with his brother. It will be interesting to see if he is more bold at walking up to complete strangers and asking for candy.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Little Boo at the Zoo
Today the boys and I went to Little Boo at the Toledo Zoo. We dressed as Colin's favorite TV characters, The Imagination Movers (Playhouse Disney). We've gone every year, but this was the first year we all (including Chris!) dressed up. We each represented one of the four "Movers" characters. Chris was Smitty, Colin was Rich, Eli was Dave, and I was Scott (yes, that is facial hair on my chin). When we started looking into Movers costumes, we discovered that it's next to impossible to buy their outfits (unless you're willing to shell out some serious cash), so we got the opportunity (yikes!) to make them. We bought the jumpsuits - Chris and I wore actual work coveralls, Colin's and Eli's were costume flight suits. Then, my good friend Elle (owner of Baby Cake Designs, http://babycakedesigns.blogspot.com/) added the stripes, gears, and Colin's drumstick pockets. Chris added the iron-on nametags and Movers logo. I accessorized - I never claimed to be crafty.
Colin got to go trick-or-treating at 10 stations set up around the zoo, there was a magician, several bounce houses, and lots of fun characters to see. Colin was still unsure this year about trick-or-treating, but did OK if I was right there with him, holding his hand. I'm hoping he'll get some of his jitters out at some of the up-coming events we're going to so he's not as tentative on Halloween night. Eli slept almost the entire time we were there. Luckily we got a few family shots before he dozed off. I'm sure next year he'll be running around with his brother. It will be interesting to see if he is more bold at walking up to complete strangers and asking for candy.







Colin got to go trick-or-treating at 10 stations set up around the zoo, there was a magician, several bounce houses, and lots of fun characters to see. Colin was still unsure this year about trick-or-treating, but did OK if I was right there with him, holding his hand. I'm hoping he'll get some of his jitters out at some of the up-coming events we're going to so he's not as tentative on Halloween night. Eli slept almost the entire time we were there. Luckily we got a few family shots before he dozed off. I'm sure next year he'll be running around with his brother. It will be interesting to see if he is more bold at walking up to complete strangers and asking for candy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love the costumes and pictures...you'll have to send me some of those pictures for the calendars!!!
ReplyDelete