Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Letter and a Visit to Santa

Today we took the boys to visit Santa at the Sylvania Heritage Museum. They had so much fun...just kidding! As you can see by the pictures, Eli was absolutely horrified (but at least we got the classic picture) and Colin refused to look at Santa let alone talk to him or sit on his lap. We've been talking about visiting Santa for at least a month and the whole time, Colin has been adamant that he would not sit on Santa's lap but that he would stand next to him. So I can't say I'm surprised at how today went. I'm happy that I was able to at least get both boys and Santa in the same picture. This morning, to try and hype up the visit, I suggested that Colin write a letter to Santa, telling him what he wanted for Christmas. It was very cute because he didn't want me to help him at all and had so much fun writing the first letter, he insisted on writing a second letter on the back of the paper. That's supposed to be a motorcycle - not sure when he became interested in those. I guess I should have asked for his list sooner. Ha! :) Needless to say, the hype didn't help allay his fears of the man in the red suit. Maybe next year?

2 comments:

  1. Aww, cute! Love the crying pic, and the family pic turned out well too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Colin did pretty good! And I think your kids are perfectly normal not liking Santa. The kids that do like Santa... those are the ones I'd worry about ;-) Lol!

    ReplyDelete