Sunday, March 28, 2010

One Last Party to Celebrate Colin's Birthday

First let me say, that I recognize how ridiculous it is to have 4 separate parties for a 3 year old. I don't know why this always seems to happen, but I do plan on making changes next year (not that I don't think my child deserves to be celebrated, but 4???). :)

On Saturday we met up with Grammy and Poppy and Uncle Don's family at Domino's Farm to celebrate Colin's 3rd and Sabina's 5th birthdays. Thankfully it was sunny because it was very chilly! We all had looked at the forecast and saw that the high for the day was supposed to be 55. Not bad, right? Except we didn't go at the hottest part of the day, we went at 10 AM. I think it was 35. Brrr! No big deal though. The kids shared mittens and enjoyed the animals. We got to see a newborn calf that was born just hours before we arrived as well as tons of bunnies, hungry goats, cows (one of which kept mooing at us - I think she was hungry too), horses, sheep, llamas, etc.


We also got to go on a hay ride which was Colin's favorite part.


We had pizza before we left and then headed over to Grammy and Poppy's for hot chocolate, cupcakes, and presents! Unfortunately the hot chocolate did not go over as well as I had hoped. At least for Colin. The poor kid was so excited to get to drink hot chocolate for the first time, but he kept spilling it out of his big-boy cup and when I put it in a sippy, it exploded all over him. Thankfully it wasn't very hot at that point, but it still freaked him out. Especially when we tried taking the stopper out to fix the problem and it exploded all over him a second time. He stuck to chocolate milk after that. In the pictures below you'll see some of the cool toys he got including a stuffed dragon he has named Sassy, a bug-collecting kit, and a ride-on pedaling fire engine!


That morning, before we left for the farm, he got to open a package he received in the mail from Aunt Angie. It was a Lego fire engine and it was really funny because when I got it from the mailbox the day before, he instantly said "That's a present for me." (He does not usually stake claim to packages we get in the mail - probably because he doesn't usually get packages in the mail). When I let him carry it, he shook it and said "It's a toy". I couldn't stop laughing because he got no prompting from me and I kept denying that it was for him. He was very insistend and by golly he was right.


Despite the brisk weather it was a fun day and most importantly the kids had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment