Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Picnic in the Backyard

I am *loving* this weather - and so are the boys! Yesterday, on our way home from the Y, I noticed that the weather was practically balmy. I asked Colin if he wanted to eat lunch outside when we got home and he said "Yes! We have a picnic! We eat on grass!" The decision had been made, and can I just say, I love that kid's enthusiasm. I knew Eli would be fine in the highchair while we ate, but I thought I would have to take him inside afterward (please see picture from previous post). It was nice to discover that he was perfectly content hanging out on the blanket while Colin and I played some football. He would try to reach for things that fell off the blanket, but never set foot, hand or knee on the grass. It was pretty comical. Maybe he won't mind the grass as much once he starts walking... In the meantime, blankets it is!


I have been messing around with the settings on my camera and trying to take advantage of all the different functions. Still working out a lot of kinks, but I'm enjoying practicing on the kids. I just wish there was a manual on how to get both of them to look at the camera and smile simultaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment