Thursday, April 15, 2010

Eli is1!

Our little Eli turned one today. I can't believe it! This year went by so quickly but at the same time it feels like he's been a part of our lives for so much longer than just a year. At one, Eli is very mischievious and hysterical. He loves to take things apart, climb, be chased, yell, and wrestle. Everything with this kid is loud. If he's happy, he howls with delight. If he's mad or upset, he screams. He's got a funny sense of humor and loves to play jokes on people. He also loves music, dancing and singing. Music can sometimes hype him up and get him excited and sometimes it can be very soothing and help to calm him down. He adores his big brother and I think he considers him his best friend. He has gotten super fast and keeps us on our toes. He puts everything in his mouth so we've had to be extremely diligent about what is left out that's within his reach. Just in the last 24 hours I have had to pull out of his mouth legos (regular-sized, not duplos), baby soap, wood chips, and grass. On a positive note, this obsession with putting things in his mouth has led him to try more new foods. I think I can officially say he will now eat more than cheese. In fact, he has recently tried and enjoyed cottage pie, chicken tortilla soup, and pizza. Woot! Our little man has 4 teeth with 2 more about to pop through, he started drinking whole milk today so I'm weaning him off his bottles of formula, and he's trying to communicate more, but most things still sound like "that" and "all done". He has his 1 year well child appointment tomorrow so I'll update his weight and height after that. His big party is on Saturday so I'll post pictures of that hopefully sometime this weekend.

Here are some pictures from today (well, the first one is from yesterday because I was so excited that he was eating something other than cheese for dinner). We enjoyed the beautiful day at the zoo and then our sweet boy proceded to completely refuse to nap for the rest of the day. I'll let it slide this one time since it was his birthday and he stayed in fairly good spirits. ;) Happy birthday, baby! We love you!

Yummy chicken and black beans!

Happy Birthday to me!

I think the poor kid was starving since Colin ate all his snacks.

Custom t-shirt courtesy of Baby Cake Designs.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday little man! I can't believe he is one. Such a big boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like a Max. Good luck with that. Lol!

    Happy Birthday Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Eli! You must have wanted to enjoy every minute of your big day and stay awake.

    ReplyDelete