Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkins and a Revelation

Last week the boys and I visited Gust Brothers Pumpkin Farm to pick out some pumpkins, go for a hayride, visit with farm animals, and get some cute Fall pictures. The boys had tons of fun with the first three items on that list, but this Mama got a little crazy when it came to the final one. I took about a bazillion pictures and I was constantly vying for the boys attention, telling them to look at me and smile. I kept trying to get the boys to pose for that "perfect shot", which I thought I never got. Until I came home and my wonderful hubs pointed out that even though there's not a single shot of the two of them both looking at the camera and smiling, I still got a lot of good shots. Sometimes candids really are the best pictures. Not to mention it seems contradictory to spend so much effort documenting the children if it takes away from the enjoyment of our time spent together. I just need to remember that next time we got out so I don't torture the poor boys again. At least Colin told me that he had a great time despite me making him pose for all the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Love the last picture of the boys together!

    I have been thinking the exact same thing about my girls. It is impossible now that Grace is walking and I have realized I won't be able to get the "perfect" shot for a few years now, but candid pictures are more fun AND I want to have fun taking their pictures and not ruining the family fun day. It was just so much easier having one kid to take pictures of ;)

    ReplyDelete