Sunday, April 24, 2011

Egg Art

Yesterday we decorated eggs for Easter. I was pretty excited about the kits I picked out. One was a "no-spill" kit that I thought would be perfect for Eli. The other was a glitter kit that Colin chose because, well, what kid doesn't like glitter? Chris and I each chose a kid to help and off we went. I should have known this would not run as smoothly as I hoped when putting together the "no-spill" kit turned out to be more complicated than getting a child's toy free of its packaging on Christmas morning. At least I'm looking at the situation as a learning experience. To start with, the "no-spill" containers spilled and I discovered my children are not ready for glitter eggs  I am not ready to tolerate the mess that ensues when combining small children, glitter, and coloring eggs. On the plus side, the kids had fun, the no-spill kit prevented Eli from breaking any eggs, and I know what kits I won't be buying next year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment