Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Logan is 4 Months Old

Logan at 4 months. What can I say, I just want to eat him up - he is so sweet! Well, except for when he chooses to use his ear-piercing, high-pitched scream instead of his inside voice. He is very talkative and loves interacting with everyone. His brothers can always get him to laugh and his newest trick is blowing raspberries which makes Colin and Eli crack up. He has found his feet and loves to take off his socks so he can play with his toes. He reaches for everything and is particularly fond of grabbing our faces. Even though we haven't introduced solid foods yet, he has starting sitting in his high chair and joining us at the table for meals. He's getting stronger on his tummy and pushes up onto his elbows. He consistently rolls from tummy to back but has only rolled from back to tummy a couple times.

 

At his 4 month well-child appointment, I asked his doc about a new rash that had popped up over the last week and he said it was eczema. It looked pretty severe and since he's had such persistent cradle cap, I asked if it could possibly be caused by a food sensitivity. He said it was definitely a possibility but it could also just be caused by the dry winter weather. He suggested I try going dairy-free for a couple weeks and see what happens. Well, it's been about 5 days and Logan's cradle cap is almost completely gone and so is his eczema. Granted, I have been treating his cradle cap very aggressively for weeks and it's supposed to get better between 4-6 months and I did just finish treating the eczema with a steroid cream, but it seems like a strong coincidence. I might not be enjoying Mr. Freeze this summer... at least it's for a good cause! I just hope if he does have a food sensitivity it's something he grows out of instead of turning into a full-blown allergy.

 

Some stats on Logan: he's 13 pounds, 2 ounces, 25 1/2 inches long, wearing size 3-6 month clothes, and  size 2 diapers.

1 comment: