This morning, we headed to downtown Toledo so I could run in the 2009 Northwest Ohio Race for the Cure. All my boys came to cheer me on and it was so encouraging to have them there. It's been almost 2 years since I last ran in a race and this was a great one to get back into it. Even though I can't really stand big crowds, it's impossible to not get energized and excited when you're surrounded by Race for the Cure participants. I ran with my friend, Jen, and we had a great time swerving in and out of the crowd. I'm still amazed at how dense the pack remained throughout the entire race. It's unbelievable how many people have been affected by breast cancer. I love the passion for the cause.
ETA: My official time was 27 minutes, 53 seconds. My pace was 8 minutes, 59 seconds/mile. Sub 9-minute miles! (Hey - I'll take it.) :)
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment