Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Colin is 2 1/2...

... and 3 days today. Since I'm doing monthly updates of Eli and Colin is always there to help me take pictures, I thought I'd do a post for him to document him being 2 1/2. He had a lot of fun picking out who he wanted to pose with. He had to have the classic Bananas but couldn't leave behind his side-kick, Blue. He was funny because he wanted to do "normal" pictures and silly pictures.

Colin is a lot of fun at 2 1/2. He's learning new words everyday and often surprises Chris and I with the new phrases that come out of his mouth. Some of his cutest phrases are "no way", "gotcha!", and " 'sup dude". He's unfortunately a bit addicted to the TV and loves to reenact the shows he watches. His favorite show right now is The Imagination Movers on Disney. Everyday he pretends to be one of the Movers and let's the rest of us know who we are for the day. He asks us to sing the songs all day long too and we are all dressing up as Imagination Movers for Halloween this year. He has also become a back-seat driver and loves to tell me to slow down or stop and go at red and green lights. When in the car, he is constantly asking me to play "Linger" by the Cranberries. I used to like that song... Some of Colin's favorite things to do include mowing (preferably with Daddy), playing Imagination Movers, picking and eating raspberries from our bush, playing with his friends, and reading/going to the library. Another funny thing about Colin is his propensity to be a ladies man. I workout at the Y a couple times a week and leave the kids at the Kid Zone. Since I like to workout with friends, there's usually at least one of Colin's friends in the KZ at the same time. However, on those occasions when none of Colin's friends are there, I often return from my workout to find Colin playing with older girls. Never boys and never younger kids, always older girls. They love him!

It's amazing how quickly he continues to change and grow up. He's such a great helper and so much fun to be around (unless he doesn't nap ;) ). I measured him at home today and he's grown over 1 1/2 inches since he turned two and is now 37 1/4 inches and at home he weighs 30.2 pounds. We love you, Colin!

1 comment:

  1. Wow he is growing up so fast! We hope to see you guys soon :)

    ReplyDelete