Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring Crafts

Eli's morning nap is when I try to really get in some quality one-on-one time with Colin. Sometimes we do the usual playing, but sometimes we get creative. I'm actually surprised at how much Colin likes to do arts and crafts. He will often request to paint, color, or play with play-doh and recently he's been super excited about doing "special" crafts that I have to find directions for online (because this un-crafty mama does not come up with these things on my own). Over the last few weeks, we've worked on a few fun crafts - a caterpillar, butterflies, and creating our own colors. Colin especially seems to enjoy practicing cutting and experimenting with different tactile craft items like pom-poms, pipe cleaners, and of course, googly-eyes. Actually, I think he just likes saying "googly-eyes". Here's some of his creations.

3 comments:

  1. I love all of his creations! I take advantage of Grace's morning nap too! What will we do next year when the little ones don't take that morning nap?! Colin is going to love preschool with all painting, cutting and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas. Brooke would really enjoy the caterpillar. Looks like he enjoys his craft time with you.

    ReplyDelete