Saturday, June 12, 2010
Strawberry Picking
Today the fam and I went strawberry picking at Whittaker's Berry Farm in Ida, MI. The weather was great - not too hot, not too sunny, and the picking was plentiful! I have been wanting to go strawberry picking for the last couple years, but always forgot about it until it was too late. I wish the strawberry season wasn't so short. This year we put it on our calendar to go at the beginning of the season to make sure we didn't miss out again.
The kids had a great time. They didn't do much picking, but they did a great job tasting the berries. Unfortunately the battery in our camera died early on, so we didn't get as many shots as we wanted and even worse, we didn't get any with Chris. Maybe that just means we'll need to go picking a second time this season. Our freezer still has lots of room....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Holy cow that's a lot of strawberries!!! Shall I expect some sort of frozen strawberry dessert for Bunco? ;-)
ReplyDeleteI forgot how low strawberries grew. My knees hurt just looking at the pics!