When we first drove in, this is what we saw.
I realize that not everybody would feel this way, but I was more than a little creeped out.
So were the kids.
If I were an animal rights' activist, I may have demanded that my husband turn the car around, that we get a full refund and then threaten to close the establishment or create some such ruckus. As it is, I don't get enough sleep these days to be that political so instead I joined in the revelry, busted out some carrots (thanks for the tip, Tiffany!), and made some entertaining, if somewhat disturbing, memories with my family.
The "regular" zoo was small but pretty cute. They had fun pony and camel rides but Colin was not interested in either, to say the least, and Eli was terrified of the camel. But I think that's just because he snuck up on him.
They also had a little animal show that we watched while eating lunch. The had about 3 or 4 animals that they brought around to the tables for everyone to look at and pet. Eli was kind of interested. Colin hid under the table.
Would I recommend this place to someone who has never been. Sure, it was an interesting experience. Will we ever go again...I want to say no, but after looking back at some of these pictures, I probably will.

I couldn't stop laughing at the pictures! This place is (or was) on my to do list for summer... thanks for giving your feedback about it! I think Lily might be more than a little freaked out too. Still looks fun!
ReplyDeleteThis place TOTALLY freaks me out too (which is why we have yet to go...). Your pictures are SO funny though! It kind of...almost makes me want to check it out. Almost.
ReplyDeleteI think I may run out of sanitizing wipes half way thru though. Haha.