Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Embracing the Snow

Despite my aversion to the cold and snow I've taken the boys to play outside for the last two days - in a row! To be honest, I've been spending most of that time shoveling our driveway, but they're playing so it counts, right?


They actually love to help me shovel. In fact, Colin used to be really helpful when he used his shovel. That only lasted until he watched one of our neighbors use his snow-blowers and now that's all the boys want to use. Too bad I don't have one.


And then, today on Facebook, I noticed several of my friends talking about making "snow ice cream". I thought, the boys love playing in the snow and I we all love eating... so why not combine the two and try something new. Yum! I really didn't think it would turn out well, but it did! Just combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup milk until the sugar is dissolved. Then add snow until the mixture is thick and creamy like ice cream. I think we'll be making this again.


Maybe winter isn't really so bad....

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are so cute playing in the snow! And go you- two days in a row! I really did mean to play with the girls yesterday in the snow but we lost track of time and it was time for lunch and naps ;)

    I'm glad your snow ice cream tasted good too! Who would have thought of something like snow ice cream tasting that good?

    ReplyDelete