Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mama better suck it up!

After a brief bout of balmy weather last weekend (oh how I wish Spring was here!), the snow is back again and of course all the kids want to do is play in it. I felt like mom of the year when I busted out their bikes last weekend and ran around in the drizzly rain with them. I figured we're going to be stuck indoors for the next 2-3 months so let's get it out of their systems while I can tolerate the temperature. I don't think I'm going to get off that easy. My kids love being outside and honestly they need to go out there to run off all their energy. They're so easy to please too - Colin was perfectly content just shoveling our driveway this afternoon and running around for maybe 5 minutes after that. I guess this mama is just going to have to suck it up and pile on the layers this winter because it looks like my hibernation days are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment