I thought maybe Eli would be my excuse to stay off the mountain, I mean, hill. When we first arrived, he just looked cold and uninterested.
That all changed when he saw how much fun Colin was having.
Then I thought maybe I would just be the parent who stayed at the bottom of the hill with the kid who wasn't sledding with Daddy.
My heart fell into my stomach when Chris made the suggestion that the boys take a turn with Mommy. I kept envisioning the boys and I tumbling out of the sled and creating a giant snowball with us at the center as we rolled down the giant hill. Eh. At least I'm good at covering up my fear for the kids' sake.
I think the funniest part of our first family sledding experience was the 40-year-old man with the snowboard who perched himself about half way up the hill and watched all the sledders while occasionally kicking, polishing, and/or admiring his snowboard. In the 40 minutes we were at the hill, I saw him go down twice. I think he might have been more scared than I was... or maybe there was something a little weirder going on there.

Looks like you guys had fun sledding! We went sledding today too :)
ReplyDeleteYour last sentence made me laugh out loud :)
Sledding fun...I am with you and not a fan of getting out in the cold, but everytime I suck it up and do it...I am so glad I did!!! Memories that your kids will cherish forever!!!
ReplyDelete