Colin started his second year of preschool last week and he is so happy to be back! Despite some trepidation on his part at preview the previous week, he was super excited the morning of his first day back. As soon as he woke up, he got dressed right away, brushed his teeth, and combed his hair (?? *I* don't even comb his hair!). He came downstairs for breakfast, which he ate in record time (usually breakfast is an hour ordeal in our house) and was all smiles for the camera when I took his annual shots on the front porch. Unfortunately it was a little chilly and since we wanted to make sure we got some good shots of his new Star Wars shirt, we came inside to finish the photo shoot. He was chatty Charlie on the drive to school and was filling Eli in on everything he gets to look forward to next year. However, when we actually got to the school, things started to go a little south. He was no longer interested in taking pictures and he refused to speak to any of the other kids we came across on our way in. I tried to get a picture of him in front of his classroom, but he wasn't having it. I got a couple action shots and a small "Chandler" before Eli and I left, but I was actually feeling a little concerned that maybe this first day wouldn't go as well as we all had hoped. Thankfully, I had nothing to worry about and when I picked Colin up at the end of the day, he was all smiles again telling me that he had a great day and couldn't wait to go back. We celebrated by getting McDonald's for lunch (which he now asks for everyday after school) and he and Eli had a sweet brother moment where they confessed to each other how much they missed the other and then they proceeded to play incredibly well together for the rest of the day. Everyday Colin talks about how he really looks forward to the days he gets to go to school and is thrilled that he gets to go 3 days this year instead of just 2. Yay for school!
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment