Chris and I recently participated in the Disney Give a Day, Get a Disney Day program. We chose to volunteer for Project Linus. It's a fantastic organization that donates hand-made blankets to children in hospitals who are seriously ill, traumatized, etc. As a parent who got a brief glimpse of how hard it is to have your child hospitalized, I really appreciate the joy this organization can bring to kids and families. It provides kids with a comfort object that's homey and I think parents appreciate the generosity of anything that can add a little more sunshine to their child's life. It's so easy to help. If you check out their website, there are tons of local chapters and they accept all types of blankets (just ask what they need). We made no-sew fleece blankets, and if this uncrafty mama could do it, so can you!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a great idea! Tell me more, I would love to do this and have it count for our disney trip. How many did you make? Just tell them how many hours you had in on making them? thanks :)
ReplyDeleteI love how your blankets turned out Mandy. We had so much fun too and I know the kids will appreciate their tickets this year after earning them. Did you get your vouchers yet through email? We all did yesterday.
ReplyDeletekphilli just go to the Disney website and it will walk you through registering and then look for the Linus project. The one here in MI in Ann Arbor had 1100 blankets registered for.
Disney is only giving out 1 million tickets so when they are gone, it is over. You might want to sign up right away. The tickets are good until Dec. 15th once you earn them.