When Colin opened the little piece of paper from our advent calendar this morning and found out we were visiting Santa, he was over the moon. Eli was equally thrilled and started chanting "San-ta, San-ta". When we were actually up close and personl with the big guy in red, both boys were singing a different tune. Colin fell to the floor to hide behind me and Eli started bawling. Thankfully, there was a very clever and helpful lady working there who distracted Colin by having him find a hidden polar bear ornament in the tree next to Santa. This calmed him down enough to at least stand by him, even if he was leaning as far away from him as he could. With Eli, we had no other choice than to rip the band-aid off and just set him in Santa's lap and take pictures as fast as we could. The funny thing, is when we were riding home, I asked the boys if they had fun and they both said "yes". They can't wait to see Santa again next year. Go figure.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds exactly how our trip went but it was still fun. That lady was very nice and helpful! At least you have a picture with both kids with Santa :)
ReplyDeleteThe picture in front of the tree looks great! The lighting looks totally fine-it just must have been my eyes!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! I love the photos and the updates. And I must say that I really can't blame the boys for a little Santaphobia. The Santa in the picture, like so many of the department store Santas down through the ages, doesn't exactly look like the jolliest St. Nick to ever don a beard and a red suit! Tell the boys I'm looking forward to seeing and reading about their next adventures in the days ahead.
ReplyDeleteThanks!