Today I bought a foam craft kit from Michael's as our Christmas activity for the day. Colin did a couple of these last year and they were really easy and turned out well -
A Christmas Craft. This year we didn't have the same luck. Last year I bought a kit that just came with stickers. Simple, easy, and kids love stickers. This year's kit also came with stickers but in addition it had glue and glitter. The glue is where it all went wrong. It got off to a bad start when I had to roll up a strip of foam and use the glue to adhere it to itself. Sounds easy but the glue didn't want to stick. And it got everywhere. That's where Eli enters the equation. I don't know what drew him to the glue as opposed to the glittering foam pieces but of course he had to have it and he wanted to eat it. After snatching it from his sticky little fingers, the rest of his contribution to the craft looked like this:
Colin, on the other hand, was actually quite helpful and did a great job getting the backs off the stickers and attaching them to the coil. At least that part of the craft went well.
Here's Colin holding the finished snowman. Not bad, but wait...
Here's Eli holding the finished, I mean falling apart, penguin. I gave up trying to add the finishing touches which were sparkly pom-poms for earmuffs and a sparkly pipe cleaner as the headband. Check out that look of disgust. I think he's peeved that I used the glue on the chintzy craft instead of letting him eat it. Ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment